Smoke Effects Testing

Here are some test videos I created for the Smoke Trail that will be emitted from the rear of the plane.

I would like to point out that this is a new skill for me. This completely new territory was discovered upon wondering if smoke would be possible. There was a plugin that could be used (Afterburn), but that requires purchasing (or if you're more naughty, a crack) but I was not prepared to do this, especially when the Super-spray particle emitter came to light.

The first just shows a basic super spray effect with some simple parameters, just to get an idea of what this particle creation looks like.



The second was an experiment to see if the effect could be used in motion. This is essential for my plane if smoke is to be emitted from the rear as it in in real life.



The third shows another experiment, the red arrows have coloured smoke; would mine have to be bog-standard grey or could I make it realistic? This video shows the three colours.



These renders (especially the last one) froze, and the render was not completed, but packaged correctly when cancelled. They give a good representation of the super spray effect, but it is worrying that the renders have frozen, I need complete renders if I choreograph the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment