The Pier Construction Part 1

I have decided to leave the plane until I meet with the group tomorrow, and have started to construct the pier. Looking at the structure, it is a very repetitive entity (as expected) and I have created a cross-section which can be duplicated for the length of the pier.

I have created the framework for the structure of the pier by creating a lot of boxes and cylinders. I have made a plane for the sea which will be 'wavy', but for now it will just act as a static reference point.



I have also used toruses (doughnut shapes) for detail in the framework, and used various features of max like extrude, bevel, clone, attach etc. to assist me, and converted some shapes into editable polygons for detail.



For detail of the pier, I have made wooden planks the length of the cross section, and hand rails, and then copied the whole entity across to provide a basis for the train tracks. This was lowered and widened, and one hand rail has been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment