Plane Materials Attempt 2

Members of my group have given me feedback on my pier and plane, and I have had suggestions on how to improve the texture which I will now implement.

Going back to the untextured version of the plane I saved, I detached each of the different entities and dealt with them seperately. The RGB value (found in photoshop) of the red was used for the wings and tail wings and the majority of the body. For the engines I used a bitmap image and assigned a UVW map (planar) to position it accurately, and angled it slightly to make the white stripes line up with polygons so I could simply assign them a different ID and therefore different material.




Once all textures were applied, including the stripe on the tail which was also using a Bitmap / UVW Map, I realised that when moved, my objects are still all detached, and so when I move my plane's body, the other parts don't follow. I simply attached them and had to redo all the assigning materials and uvw maps because for some reason all this information is lost. At least the materials are all ready to use!



And above is the final plane.

1 comment:

  1. wow. that's an immense ammount of work you've put into this. the plane looks real good i must say. you seem to really dig this now, and you were badmouthing the 3d last year and said u'll never do it again lol

    ReplyDelete